Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Evaluation of Teaching

The lesson that I coded was one of the first lessons I taught and it was a very difficult one, balls and paddles.  I know that I have made a lot of improvement over the the times that I have taught.  One thing I have learned about my management skills is that I do not do a good job of keeping track of off task students.  I need to move around where I teach more and pay attention to the individual students instead of just getting through the lesson. I also learned that my formations for my lesson were helpful and if I had more room it would have been better.  But I used the space that was provided as well as I could.

Coding my video I also learned a number of things about my instructions.  At times I do a good job of explaining and demonstrating skills but those skills that are more complicated are harder for me to explain. I need to demonstrate more for the students in different positions to make sure they all understand.  In my feedback to students I also need to be more specific and tell them what to improve on or what exactly they are doing right instead of just saying "good job".

I have made a lot of changes in my teaching this semester.  One of the major things I plan to work on is relaxing.  Relaxing during my lesson and not worrying so much about getting done with it will help me manage my class better and keep track of any off task students.  Another thing I want to work on and improve is demonstrated clearer for the students and making sure they are all listening to me.  To make sure they all listen to me I need to use my signals more and wait longer for everyone to follow directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment